IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU CAN CHANGE SOMEONE'S LIFE!
The Literacy Council relies on 80 to 100 volunteers to help us fulfill our mission. Volunteer tutors are needed to teach adults to read, write, and speak English. Tutors are also needed to help high school dropouts earn a GED. The only prerequisites to becoming a volunteer tutor are that you:
• Be fluent in the English language,
• Be at least 18 years of age or older,
• Hold at least a high school diploma or GED,
• Be patient and willing to work with a diverse population.
Ways to Volunteer!
• Serve on the Board of Directors
• Help in the office with administrative tasks
• Assist with community awareness
• Help with special events
• Write grants or help with fundraising events
If interested, please email Kimberly at or fill out the form below.